I have received questions from many people aspiring to be photographers. Due my limited time, I unfortunately can not respond to everyone. So I came up with this in-depth description of professional photography to hopefully answer any questions someone looking to get into photography
as a profession may have.
(Q) What kind of Camera do you and Chris use?
(A) We both use a Canon 5D. It is a great quality camera that doesn't have automatic functions or a pop-up flash. It contains 12.8 megpixels. For lenses we have a small assortment as we both don't like to continuously change our lens. We like to try to keep the sensors clean. I usually use my Canon 24-70mm 2.8 L zoom lens. Chris switches between two primes- a Canon 135mm 2.0 L and a Canon 24mm 1.4 L.
UPDATE: We now also have a Canon 5D Mark II and Chris' most used lens is now the 70-200mm 2.8 L with image stabilization.
(Q)To Chris: How do you do your fantasy and manipulations?
(A) That is an impossible question to answer, and one that gets asked very often! All photoshop work has taken years of trial and error and endless hours of practice and reading tutorials. There is no easy way to do anything that is done- and you must have an extreme attention to detail.
(Q)How did you get started?
(A)Like many people, I always loved photography. I even used to think about pursuing it, but I went through many rough times in my life and I didn't pursue anything. I knew I needed to do something creative, something along the lines of art. As I grew older and matured and needed to focus on something, my love and hobby of photography began to evolve. I started the New York Institute of Photography in 2004 and completely emerged myself in learning and I began doing shoots for people in the spring of 2006. During that whole time I was learning and practicing, Chris was perfecting his photoshop skills. I also did a lot of learning of photoshop as it is a very difficult program to learn and figure out. We also used combined knowledge to get to where we are today. We couldn't be as far as we are right now if we didn't have each other. It also helps that we both sit at our computers constantly, so we don't have to worry about the other spouse getting annoyed!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment